Monday, May 1, 2006

Un-friggin-believable

My life just gets better and better (yeah, that is sarcasm.)

Just when I figure I've been through all the hell I can handle, it gets even more interesting. We had an overnight guest last night... not one we knew about though. We didn't know about her until her grandmother was pulling out of the driveway looking for her, and we caught her sneaking out of Tommy's window. Apparently she'd run away from home last night and he decided that the best idea was to let her spend the night in his room. When I brought her back in the house to wait for her grandmother to come back and get her, she refused to speak to me. All she did say was, "I might be pregnant with your grandhild!"

Grand. Just what I need to worry about. And he's 16, nearly 17, she's only 15, so aside from the obvious ramifications, such as pregnancy, and any disease she may have - he may just be looking forward to some legal consequences too. If the grandmother decides to press charges, and he's convicted of statutory rape, he'll have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Un-friggin-believable.

7 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH! To quote my friend from Matthews, "Life is shitty!" Sometimes it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found three sources that say statutory rape in North Carolina requires that the offender be at least four years older than the victim. That being said, your son is in the clear ... so that solves one problem - good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord E! I don't even know what to say. I mean, I remember being 15 and all the things I was doing then- none that my parents would be proud of. I hope the pregnancy thing was just uttered for shock and not really the truth. Surely your son has more brains in his head than to not use some form of protection. And as M said, I wouldn't worry much about the statutory rape thing.

    As always, here if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be judgemental, but she sounds a bit dramatic in the first place (running away is not something that well-adjusted kids do, right?) and assuming she truly believes she has something horrible to run away from, I'm sure she's mad at you for making her return and I bet the pregnancy thing was just the best way she could think of to get back at you. Just my completely assumptive take on the situation.

    P.S. How are you dealing with Tommy? Did he deny or admit anything? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pepek~ Yup, it does sometimes.

    M~ Yeah, I've done some research since I made the post, and you're right. Thank god, now all I have to worry about are STD's and babies.

    Ang~ He doesn't deny that they had sex last night, and no he wasn't smart enough to use any sort of protection.

    Erin~ Yeah, she IS a drama queen, and a troubled child who, according to her, has been through hell with her mom and step father and now lives with her grandparents. I know she was trying to shock me, and she did, even though I didn't let her see that. But the truth is, she very well could end up pregnant.

    Tommy was honest once he was confronted, mostly. I had a long talk with him about the possible consequences, which scared the bejeezus out of him... plus he can't talk to her anymore ever no matter what, nor is he allowed to talk to anyone else, or go anywhere, or do anything but breathe - Nor will he be allowed to do anything, for ever.

    The thing that has hit him the hardest though is that I told him I'll never trust him after this, he knows how I feel about sneaking around and/or dishonesty.

    So. Now all I have to do is get him to a doctor, and hope that she doesn't come up pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jeez! I wouldn't worry too much about the "rape" charges too much. Even though we hear about it alot on tv, or whatever, there really aren't that many parents that actually prosecute. kwim? I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya though.

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... best of luck with that! Shocking! Your family is in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete