Saturday, May 6, 2006

It grows

It grows

We passed the cemetery,
and a look,
in silence, driving out where
architecture-grey turns blue.

Grass grew at the edge of the road
- too tall and gone to seed -
and I watched it wave in the wake
of the SUV ahead of us,
- still, wave, bow, stand -
pictured it doing the same as we passed
and thought,

My god, it's everywhere,
everything we touch
grows
.


I haven't even proofread this one, let alone polished it, and I doubt I ever will. It was really just a passing thought I had in the middle of today's chaos. Mostly, it's an attempt to convince myself that I'm not turning into the bitter disheartened bitch I've been feeling like lately, that sometimes, even in my lowest moments, I get a bright spot here and there - maybe this piece is evidence, not of hope, but the possibility of hope.

3 comments:

  1. Well...I think this is beautiful. And, you're beautiful. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't need polishing. It works. S'wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few hours of sleep and I already see (more) things that need to be changed. And my personality is obsessive enough to have to edit it.

    ReplyDelete