Saturday, May 20, 2006

It's 3 am and I'm a dumbass...

I've added 15 more links to my list of financial aid contacts. If there are 105 hospitals, I only have EIGHTY to go. Good Lord. When you compare how many kids are born with CHDs every year with the fact that only 105 hospitals perform the necessary surgeries, 105 seems like an incredibly small number. When you're compiling the list however, 105 is HUGE!

I have 25 hospitals in 20 states. A decent start for about 16 hours worth of phone and research time. And I had this ridiculously simple idea. Dr. Watts keeps telling me that if there's anything he can do for us, he'd be "happy and honored to do it." Well, by Golly, I'm calling his office on Monday morning and asking him if there's a magical list of all 105 hospitals.

I had this idea, and it was like, DUH! Who would know better than a cardiology surgeon? I mean, am I a dumbass or what?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes in our excited frenzy to get started on something, we overlook the most obvious things. And 20 really is a great start.

    You rock for doing this E. But you already knew that, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yeah, you do rock. Paving the way for SO many people to come! You truly are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete