Saturday, May 20, 2006

Twisted indeed ;)

Twisted indeed ;)

So, I haven't listened to much music lately. I used to listen to the radio or a cd all the time. Tonight I got LimeWire cranked up and started downloading, but I was in the mood to hear (older) "girly" music. Alanis, Avril (shut up ok? I love her) Natalie Umbruglia, Nelly Furtado (Still think Nelly is hot as hell by the way)

So I'm listening (after an Alanis marathon) I'm Like A Bird, and I wanted to post the lyrics, because damn it, I adore this song, always have, from the first time I ever heard it, but tonight, it makes me cry:

You're beautiful, that's for sure
You'll never ever fade
You're lovely but it's not for sure
That I won't ever change
And though my love is rare
Though my love is true

Chorus:
I'm like a bird, I only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I only fly away
I don't know where my soul is , I don't know where my home is
All I need for you to know is

Your faith in me brings me to tears
Even after all these years
And it pains me so much to tell
That you don't know me that well
And though my love is rare
Though my love is true

Chorus:
I'm like a bird, I only fly away
I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is
(and baby all I need for you to know is)
I'm like a bird, I only fly away
I don't know where my soul is , I don't know where my home is
All I need for you to know is

It's not that I wanna say goodbye
It's just that every time you try to tell me that you love me
Each and every single day I know
I'm going to have to eventually give you away
And though my love is rare
And though my love is true
Hey I'm just scared
That we may fall through

So tonight, I'm blatantly unapologetic for spending some down time, twisting lyrics to suit my own needs, and being weepy. In a while, I'll turn on the Metallica and get over myself. Till then, well... pass the Kleenex will ya?

***Add-on (cuz I dunno how to shut up ;) )***

Most of these are songs I haven't listned to in years, especially Alanis. And her song "Thank You" was never one of my favorites anyway. But this line made me giggle (see, I'm PMS-ing so the moods are swingin folks)

...how bout no longer being masochistic
how bout remembering your divinity
how bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out..."

haha, you said it Alanis.
*******

6 comments:

  1. Alanis gets it.

    "...the moment I let go of it was the moment I got more than I could handle..."

    but somehow, we handle it.


    (Plz don't get me going on Etheridge next. Mr Z's first wife left him for a chick; could get dicey.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the moment I jumped off of it, was the moment that I touched down..."

    Yup, she gets it, and I'd consider leaving my husband for her, well , ok maybe not, but we could start a commune or some hippy-type thing.

    (Etheridge never did a thing for me, but I can see how that might be a taboo subject...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alanis, avril, nellie f, all fine Canadian women! damn you got good taste!

    Hi Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh...yeah, so what if it's girly. These women are the shit!! Btw...that song has one of the BEST memories connected to it. Thanks for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:12 PM

    Ahh, I love Alanis,..But nothing beats some Good old Ani Difranco to get the blood pumping....

    Kriss

    ReplyDelete