Tuesday, February 28, 2006

We just talked to Candy (his nurse) and they've taken out the PT Tube, so apparently the kidneys are looking good! They told us yesterday that they were considering feeding him some today, so we'll see how that goes. Of course, it'll be that formula stuff. You all have NO idea how much I didn't want him to have to go on formula. Silly thing to be upset about under the circumstances, but I am anyway. Silly woman!

We decided to have a cup of coffee and relax for a minute this morning before we rush off. Some lame attempt at "taking care of ourselves" or some such thing. We're both sort of wiped out you know, and we know he's in good hands - I mean, we couldn't ask for better people than Candy or Sharon or Jane - and the doctors up there are so wonderful - but I doubt this will last long lol, we're ready to GO.

6 comments:

  1. At least you guys are ATTEMPTING to take care of yourselves. lol...not much else I can say that everyone hasn't said already. Just know that I hold you all closely to my heart. Love you all. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, it's not silly at all. I remember when Jonas was having problems with his digestion and I was having trouble with the whole breastfeeding thing. It was like someone was telling me that I was inadequate in some way, that I wasn't good enough to feed my son.

    He ended up on that really expensive formula as well, and it certainly helped him. In hindsight, it wasn't such a big deal, but it was a hard transition for me.

    BTW on the formula thing- do you guys have a WIC program? If so, they should cover the cost of it. I'm not a big welfare mooch or anything, but if it weren't for WIC my son would have likely starved to death. That stuff was so expensive. I think we spent something like $300 a month on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been on a roller coaster ride emotionally, not knowing what was going to happen, seeing him get worse and then recover. You've got to be exhausted. Is there any way to do both, breast feed for bonding/both of your emotional well being~ and feed formula? It seems to me through the pain he's going to suffer when he comes off heavy sedation that closeness would be comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:43 PM

    *hug* for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really like your blog template!

    mine isn't as graphically appealing.

    Yahoo Answers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary! *hug*

    Ang, there is WIC, and I will have no choice but to see if they'd cover it.

    Ginger, unfortunately not, he can't have any fat at all unfortunately.

    Doug! I MISS you! *hug*

    Bob~
    Bite my ass fuckface! friggin spammers man, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete