Monday, February 20, 2006

no news is good news

12 hours and counting, and I'm driving myself insane with the countdown.

Here's the deal, we leave here at 4am and we'll be at the hospital non-stop until sometime Wednesday afternoon. Don't freak out about there being no news tomorrow, we won't even know anything until something like 5-ish (at least) tomorrow evening, when he comes out of surgery - and even then, everything is so touch and go for the first 48 hours that I won't be able to tell you anything even if I do find a pc with internet up there. If I told you anything at all, it would be likely to change before I had the chance to even hit "post." The only way I'll be able to give any concrete info imediately is if things go wrong. So no news is good news, ok?

I'll try to keep this thing updated as much as I can - I think there might be a computer in the 'family library' on the 7th floor (children's hospital), but I don't know if there's internet or not. If there isn't, you'll have to wait till I get home, and I don't even know when I'll be back here - definitely not tomorrow.

Heh, my landlord stopped by. He's such a son of a bitch. When we moved in here, he asked us to leave the utilities in his name (everything is on one bill except the electricity) so that he wouldn't have to pay a deposit and have it all turned back on if/when we ever moved out. It was cool with us at the time because it meant we didn't have to pay a deposit, or wait for anything to be connected.

Well the bill came in last week and today the landlord stops by and tells me that if we don't have it paid by Friday, he's evicting us. We aren't behind on the rent, hell, we've been ahead actually...

Just what I need - more shit to worry about right now, since under the circumstances, I can't guarantee him that I'll be paying it this week. He's such a son of a bitch.

3 comments:

  1. Erin, you and baby are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what you are going through. Just know that a lot of us out here in the blogosphere are thinking about you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, your landlord deserves a good hard kick in the balls. Asshole.

    I haven't commented in a while, simply because I have no idea what the right words are, but your family is in my thoughts/prayers today, as they are every day.

    I love you guys, as do so many other folks out here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha he is an ass - I nearly knocked him off my porch (it's a good three feet to the ground from there) but I couldn't take the risk of being in jail for "old idiot abuse" :)

    Waterfall - Always good to see you! Thank you so much.

    Ang~
    You know I understand the inadequacies of words. *hug*

    ML~
    ~E

    ReplyDelete