Tuesday, February 28, 2006

village people

My blog stats haven't been something I've kept much of an eye on this last week, despite being a terrible stat whore. But tonight I took a peek, because it seemed like my counter made a nice little jump from the last time I paid it any attention.

See, when I started blogging about Nova, my stats rose by about half. Since he's gone into the hospital, they've been well over a hundred a day, and that isn't much for some people, but for me, it seems like a whole lot of hits. Yesterday 162 people visited this blog. It's an all time high, a new record, and I know that many many, the majority, of you are here to check in on Nova and wishing him luck and blessings and health and all things good.

I just wanted to make sure you all know how much it means to me. I am touched by the outpouring of love you've all shown us - and I firmly believe that his progress and recovery are partially due to all of you, all the candles lit, all the prayers said, all the positive energies that have been left in comments and my inbox are absolutely part of the reason he's done so well.

There is an African Proverb that says "It takes a village to raise a child."

Thank you for being our village. I love you all!

9 comments:

  1. I think it was everyone else hitting reload, just waiting for that update after that early morning post!

    Glad to hear everything is going so well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF we're going to be the village people, can I be the indian?! :)

    Seriously, E. I'm honored to be a part of your village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IF Angela doesn't mind, I'll be the Indian, as it's been said that my features reflect that heritage:)

    Great news again Erin, the pictures of him look much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine, fine, but only if I can be the cop instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie dear, you can be anything you want :) indian, cop, beautician, homeless advocate, saleswoman, butcher,
    baker, construction worker, carpet cleaner, madam, grocer, conservationist, nun

    But I think what you do best is friend. Thanks for that, it's good to have new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:31 AM

    Geez i hope that doesnt make me the Villiage Idiot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, no honey, you're the village Elder

    Ang, Ginger, whichever you decide to be, I want pics of yas in the costumes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh, Ginger, you left out candlestick maker. :) That might be fun. No idea what the costume would look like, though.

    ReplyDelete