Wednesday, February 22, 2006

grin and bear it

Here's Nova with his bear, right after the anesthetist came in, before they took him to surgery. They actually wouldn't take the bear into surgery with him though. I spent the day rubbing him bald like a good luck charm. Everyone I passed in the hospital halls looked at me like I was insane with my little bear, but the little guy did his job and Nova came through.

(for those of you who don't understand, this bear was sent to us by Ang, he's been the guardian angel over a couple of other kids who've had medical troubles, and she sent him to us to look over Nova.)

4 comments:

  1. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for Nova!



    As for your footnote, dear, I understood without understanding.

    Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of us need something warm and fuzzy to make us feel warm and fuzzy at times. If nothing else, simple things help us feel more secure. Keep rubbing if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to the right of Nova's head, there's a light, a spirit, a God of infants. SEE IT? for real, it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V~
    I don't know if the rubbing really helped anything, but it kept me from chewing my nails off I suppose ;)

    James~
    That little light there... that's the evidence of this bears special powers, caught on film. If there's a special "God of Infants" he's dressed in brown fur and a halo, and he's been with Nova every day of his life!

    ReplyDelete