Thirteen Reasons to laugh at myself:
- I have a habit of critiquing everything I read and hear. This includes the news (The CNN ticker drives me insane) and novels (Yes Erin, I made mental notes of typos and editing misses in even Tom Robbins' books!)
- I can't spell the words beaurocracy and fliers... Flyers? Whichever.
- I know those words are misspelled and I'm going crazy trying not to correct them (via spellcheck of course, because I cannot spell them correctly on my own)
- I laugh at my mother for not being able to spell the word "else" despite the fact that I too have words I can't spell.
- I rarely enjoy rhyming poetry, but sometimes my mind automatically writes in rhyme, which I promptly critique, edit, revise and do away with.
- I'm terrified of even the smallest of spiders, in the whole stand on a chair and scream at them sort of way. (There was once one in the car, and I made Scott stop at the side of the road, let me out, and kill the spider before we could go on. The spider was about the size of a pencil lead.)
- I memorize people's clothing, physical descriptions, license plate numbers and car descriptions because I imagine that everyone is a potential criminal, and I might have to identify them to the police later.
- I often start things I don't finish (especially laundry haha!)
- I have an affinity for certain bad words, words most women are highly offended by, one that starts with a c especially. I rarely say it out loud, but it seems to be the word that comes into my mind, where other people would think something like "You piece of shit!" I think, "You c- - - !" because I'm a very bad girl. I am not offended by it, but have used it a few times specifically for it's offensive qualities.
- I'm overly trusting, and yet, totally distrustful, if that makes any sense at all. I trust people too easily, but mistrust the universe and all those implied promises that we all take for granted (like seeing your child grow up, and sunrise) Actually, I'm a huge oxymoron on a lot of levels.
man, this 13 thing is harder than it looks!
- I love liver and onions, but I really have a hard time cooking it - I think it looks like placenta when it's raw. Nasty. I share this oddity with my husband, only he's worse, he won't eat it if he sees it raw, so I have to kick him out of the kitchen.
- Sometimes, I refuse to capitalize the word god, just to get under the skin of very religious people.
- I drink coffee, the whole coffee, and nothing but the coffee. So help me god.