Sunday, June 11, 2006

hee hee

I was surfing around Technorati today... checking out tags. Tags are a funny thing, or maybe Technorati is, but anyway, I sometimes add tags to my posts, which is a different thing than tagging your blog. This blog has a LOT of tags, whwereas my posts are rarely tagged, and the tags I do use are limited. Anyway, I was looking at the blog tags I've added to this blog: Acceptance, Acceptance Poetry, Bereavement, Blogging, Chapbook, Charity, Grief, Grief Support, Grieving Parents, Infant Loss, Journaling, Literature, Poem, Poetic, Poetry, Poetry On Loss, Publication, Random Thoughts, Tarheel Tavern, Writing. Mostly I was there to find other blogs on the same subjects I classify mine under, particularly charity. I'm hunting new ideas you know... Anyway, I clicked "charity" and didn't see anything interesting. I usually ignore the ads ,but today I saw one that caught my attention. It's a Sponsored Ad by Dr. Pepper. You can nominate someone who's doing good in your community. The top 2 winners get $23,000 for their favorite charity. Now I considered nominating myself, but the truth is, I'm not doing a lot for my community. I'm gung ho about this walk, but it's a national thing, not a local thing. But Mika and the Maeghan and Heidi Heart Foundation is definitely a grass roots community based charity that benefits local families. I think I'm going to nominate her. She'd absolutely shit the bed if she won. I hope she does, and I hope I'm there to see her face ;) I'll keep the potty paper handy!

**OK, so I went and did it, including writing a 2200 word essay! Now I need you guys to do me a HUGE (and totally free) favor... When I nominated her, I got this message:

We’re so happy that you’ve chosen to nominate someone who Peppers Your Community. Be sure to return to the site between July 24 and August 11, 2006 to view the finalists and vote for your favorite. If your nominee is selected as a finalist, his or her charity of choice will receive $2,300. Nominees voted to be the grand prize winners will receive a $23,000 check to benefit their charity of choice!
I need you guys to go to the site during those dates and vote for her when the time comes! Pleeeeeeeese!?

2 comments:

  1. Will you remind us, or do we need to put it on Google Calendar?

    :-D

    I mean, sure. I'll vote. Am I allowed to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the dates marked and if she makes it to the voting stage, I'll definitely post then. and yeah, everyone and anyone can vote.

    ReplyDelete