Friday, June 16, 2006

Contact!

I haven't been able to get a hold of the woman at the local chapter of the AHA, despite calling on a daily basis. Seems her job is to go out and meet with participants, or, meet with someone anyway, and she's never actually in the office.

This morning I received an email from her. Professional, but sweet. She's obviously read Nova's story to some degree. Anyway, I've emailed her back, so there's finally been "contact!"

There still isn't a meeting set up, but I'm not so sure a meeting is really necessary. The email sounds more like she's offering any help if I need it but we shall see. I told her I'd love any information she thinks might be helpful, but if it is a routine no-big-deal thing, I hope she does it via email or postal mail to be honest. Gas is too expensive to drive to Charlotte if we can avoid it. Now if it's something important or something that isn't just an every day run-of-the-mill everybody-meets-with-her sort of thing, then I'll be more than happy to meet with her. I sure don't want to pass up an opportunity for special help or whatever.

Did I ever say that I did eventually actually send that mail out to Dr. Watts? It went out yesterday. I'm still nervous and feeling funny about doing it, but I keep reminding myself that the worst that can happen is nothing. Except that he might think I'm a total cad for asking of course...

We recieved another donation from one of Scott's customers yesterday. I love that they're being supportive of him. I knew they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment