13 Grammatical/Typographical Errors that Burnt my Ass This Week:
1. Animal Cops: Houston - "The paleness in his mouth are from severe anemia..."
2. News 14 Carolina - Hundreds drown in North Carolina each year
"Identification of risk factors lead to prevention strategies."
3. Charlotte.com - Tropical threat passes over the Carolinas coast
"A potential tropical depression moved inland over the Carolinas coast this afternoon near Morehead City..."
4. Reuters.com - New Orleans poor blacks charge racism over housing
"Ex-residents and housing officials are also at odds over whether the damage wrought by Katrina should be used as an opportunity to change and upgrade public housing or whether federal officials' primary duty is to repair what is left so former residents can return as soon as possible."
5. La Times.com - Senate Bill on Burning Flag Fails
"Unlike the flag burning in the late 1960s and early 1970s in opposition to the Vietnam War, recent episodes of flag desecration that recent episodes of flag desecration have been more half-witted than high-minded... "
6. WCNC.com - Police search for driver in hit-and-run
"Charlottte police were looking..."
7. MSNBC.com - Nearly normal newlywed
"Kidman's wedding to was a rare tasteful moment in the tacky world of celebrity marriage..."
8. Yahoo News - Oracle of philanthropy
"In 2004, the latest year for which data exist..."
9. WCNC.com - Thursday on 6NEWS...
This month we saw quite a bit of rain, flooding homes and even some streets. But we all know that it can be even worse. Up to 200,000 people have been evacauted from their homes in Central New York.
10. WCNC.com - Fire ants aplenty after heavy rain
This piece is so badly written and rife with mistakes that it's simpler for me to just link to the story, and let you see what I mean! Pay special attention to the punctuation.
11. Reuters.com - Bush accuses some Democrats of surrender on Iraq
This one is a direct quote from President Bush: "Make no mistake about it, there is a group in the opposition party who are willing to retreat before the mission is done..."
12. Reuters.com - Chat show "The View" becomes daytime soap opera
Vieira left recently to take over from Katie Couric as co-host of NBC's top-rated "Today" show.
13. MTV.com - Tiara Girls documents the struggles of several young women and their journeys to win what they believe is the most coveted sign of succcess - a beauty pageant crown.