Saturday, January 7, 2006

Another


I saw a shooting star tonight - I didn't make a wish. Whoever it is that makes wishes come true already knows what I'd wish for anyway. Besides, I don't believe in wishes.

It was cold out there, I'll tell you that. Winter almost makes an appearance every once in a while, mostly at night - it's been like 60 for the better part of the last week or two, but it was only like 29 last night, and it doesn't feel much warmer than that out there right now. I hope it gets cold soon, real cold, and stays that way for a few weeks or so, otherwise, this spring and summer are going to be a mosquito melee.

It was also dark. Have I ever told you guys that I'm terrified of the dark? Yup, I'm afraid of the dark, especially outside... And the train horn still freaks me out every time one comes by when I'm out there at night. Go ahead, laugh at me, it's ok - Scott does it all the time. I can't help it, I'm a wuss - a wuss with an overactive imagination that gets freaky mental images of evil creatures being carried in on the whistle of the train. It'd be great stuff for some stupid gothic type vampire sci-fi story wouldn't it? Someday I'll even explain what that's all about, but not right now.

While I was out there I wrote a poem, but I think I left it out there or something. It sure as hell didn't come in with me. I hate when that happens.

Can you believe we're already a week into January? Just think, another six months and I'll even remember to write 2006 instead of 2005. Maybe. Another year to look forward to, or another year to beat the hell out of me. It'll be one or the other. Can't wait to find out.

4 comments:

  1. I was just writing about the same thing. Here we are, already a week into the new year.

    I know things have to be tough for you. I can only imagine. I definitely don't know what to say.

    Can I borrow your thoughts on the train whistle and the evil spirits? I could probably get some mileage out of that. We could make it a collaborative effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. feel free to use the whistle and the spirits V. I don't really have the energy to collaborate, but I'll be looking forward to whatever you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. shhhh don't tell anyone..

    I'm afraid of the dark too. Outside. No moon. Dark night. My imagination goes haywire.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, E. I wrote a preliminary tonight. You might not want to read it, though, since you spook so easily.

    ReplyDelete