Sunday, May 22, 2005

My Chapbook is READY!

My Chapbook is officially done and ready. I'll have ten copies by Tuesday, and the order page will be ready by then as well. Until then, I'll have to be patient, which is not what I'm good at.
She set the selling price, which is $10.00+s&h. It's a collection of 27 poems, a total of 36 pages. Staple bound with high quality paper and beautiful cover art! I cannot even BEGIN to describe the size of my smile right now!

I'm hoping to sell the hound out of these, not only for Shaela, since she's a non-profit organization, she needs her 50% to be able to keep doing this, but for me too. I think it will do a few things for me. First of all, it will give me an idea how big my fan base actually is, and how far it extends beyond MTC.
Secondly, it will force me to come out of this hermit shell I live in, because in order to sell the ones I'll get, I'll have to go to readings and such, and sell itmyself. The idea of reading in front of a crowd is terrifying to me!
And of course, I get half the sales as well, so it will be a contribution of some sort to my sadly (impossibly) small budget. Trust me, as much as I'd like to deny it, right now, this HAS to be about the money, because I need it so desperately!

I'll be glad when the page is ready and I can actually start selling! I'm so so so unbelievably excited!

9 comments:

  1. I'm in, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations E! I'm so damn happy for you! Just as soon as I have a paycheck that isn't totally claimed before it's deposited I'll be buying my copy. I hope that this is the first in a long line of E publications. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang~
    I hope it's just the first too! And don't you worry about getting a copy, I understand the financial thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss V~
    You're a die-hard fan, and supporter *smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Billy, Thanks for the link and the congrats - I've added links to you, and to poetsarus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:01 AM

    OK, funny that I should realize this when I'm only half awake, as it eluded me while fully awake, but I read Poets R Us as Poet Saurus, and I was thinking, "OK, poetic dinosaur or something?" DOH! BTW, I will be needing a book too of course! Do you do C.O.D.? JK. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. E, shaky finances or not, I WILL own a copy just as soon as I can. I'd have to say it's probably the most sound investment I've made in quite a while. And hey, when you're famous, I can sit back and say that I have a vintage first press! :) Imagine what my return will be then!!

    ReplyDelete