Sunday, May 1, 2005

Eye Yam

I am uneducated, poorly read, inexperienced, sheltered, and socially unaware.
These are the things I leave out of my bio, these are the things that are most true.

I'm to get published in a market where there are so many things more substantial, more intellectual, by the thousands, to compete with. I make pretty pictures with words, brilliant brush strokes with good lines, contrast and tension - but they are, nonetheless, 2 dimensional, shallow.

I am unleavened bread on a steak buffet.



Grammar, by the way, is spelled with two A's.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:20 PM

    AIM, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. who misspelled grammar? Since you're not logged on to AIM, I will just say that I think you're being too hard on yourself. It is almost a fact of life that the more we know, the more we know that we don't know. This is what keeps us in pursuit of knowledge. The older I get, the less I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be all those things, Erin but do not forget everything else that you are, not the least of which is a very articulate, intelligent and respected person by those whom lives you've touched at Moontown Cafe. ~ML and peace. Have a great week and good luck with your efforts to get published - people are pulling for you, dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thank you Mike. It's not the things I am that I forget - it's the things I have not yet become that I need reminding of sometimes - how can I become anything I want when I forget?

    As for publication, it will come. The chapbook is a good start, if for nothing more than my self-confidence and a lesson in the how-tos.

    E2, we AIMed, lol, and I have the St John's - I'm fine ;)

    V, my children are firm believers in the idea that the older I get the less I know :)

    *smooch* to you all!

    ReplyDelete