Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Good News!

We went up to see him at 10:00 this morning, and at 10:10 the cath lab called to say they were ready for him. We assumed (silly silly us) that he'd be going back then, but they actually didn't start the procedure until 11:52. We'd been told that it would take 4-5 hours to complete the procedure.

Dr. Stern came in a few minutes ago at at about 1:30 to say he was done, that there were no complications, he tolerated it well, and we'll get to see him about 2:15.

I'm going to start calling Dr. Stern "Magic Fingers" or something. Nova just likes him. I told him that from this point forward he's got to do whatever Nova needs done, because he does so well for him. He said he'd be glad to. :)

We haven't seen him yet - I can't wait!

-------> I was so excited that I left out the detail! The blood clot was 4 cm in length, and blocked something like 90% of the SVC - Dr. Stern cleared 80% of the blockage, and thinks that the blood thinners will be able to eat away the rest of it. He also said that he was "very concerned" about the possibility of major complications, but that Nova "didn't turn a hair" and sailed right through it.

I was honestly so relieved that I thought I was going to be sick. I was more worried with this procedure than anything else he's had done.


  1. Yippie! Hooray! That's great news Erin! Can't wait for the next update.

  2. oh, my gracious. That's awesome! Nova's a trooper. I'll be back to check in later. *hug*

  3. Yaaaaaaaaay! :o)

  4. So happy for you, Erin. He is a fighter, isnt he?

  5. A trooper, a fighter, a miracle. He's amazing, and we're ecstatic, and exhausted.

    Thanks to every one of youfor all the thoughts and prayers and candles and whatever else. I really do believe that they've given him the strength to keep coming through these risky procedures without blinking.

    Now, hopefully, we won't have any more problems to have to overcome!

    love yas!

  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.