Sunday, August 28, 2005

Blah

It's Sunday - Post Secret day. I friggin love Sundays just for that reason. Someday I'll get up the nerve to send a card.

I have so many things I should be doing - one thing that should already be done, but I think the chaos of the last 2 weeks have finally caught up with me and i can't seem to make myself do anything more. Oh god, I just remembered I have a newsletter to get done, and I haven't even started it yet!

So the IBPC results for the month are posted over at cafe cafe (see poetry/writing blogs dropbox for the link) and Jenni of Jenni and Jack fame won! I'm so happy when people I know win! Of course, I'm disappointed that I didn't even get an HM, but I should be used to that. I've been nominated several times and I've never placed!

My oldest son starts his first ever job tomorrow, so much for the military academy I guess. He was all excited about it until the paperwork came. I decided not to push him, knowing full well I'd push him into it and he'd just decide to quit once he got there if it wasn't what he really wanted. I'm disappointed. More disappointed than I'd expected to be. So he'll be employed. At least there's that. I'll spend a big part of my day tomorrow running around getting all the paperwork for that done. I have to legally sign him off the highschool roster, get his working papers, and get him to his employer twice tomorrow.

And then of course, there will be the things I was supposed to do/have done that I'll have to get to. Plus all the regular every day stuff. *sigh* Obviously, tomorrow will be a busy day, but damn it, I'm taking today - or what's left of it anyway - OFF. (as if that's even possible with 5 kids!?)

Ugh, I'll never manage to actually NOT do anything!

3 comments:

  1. Erin,

    I can't imagine how you find any time at all with five kids! Heck, I've only got one, and my time is scarce!

    I've been pretty silent lately as you've worked on your grief support site. I want you to know how glad I am that you're doing this. Even if a single soul never finds its way to that site, I know that it has helped at least one grieving parent...

    I've added a link at my blog. Not that I get much traffic, but you know, gotta start somewhere.

    Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang~
    It didn't go unnoticed that you'd been so quiet about it. I was afraid I'd struck a nerve, and I sincerely hope I didn't. But I have to tell you, as good as it feels to do this, it's also kept that particular nerve pretty raw for myself too, so I understood.

    I DO appreciate the link - I'm now linked in 3 places, and one of those is in a high traffic place, plus believe it or not, they're already finding it through Yahoo and MSN searches. Unfortunately, getting the first few entries and story/memorial additions is the hard part. They see that no one has been there, nothing there to help much, and move on. Building it as a successful place will be difficult, but I'll manage it. I'm on a mission!

    Love you too Ang
    *hug*
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you're doing is an amazing thing... and you're doing it all by yourself. Just the site alone would be enough to make me give up, not to mention the gifts, and setting up your non-profit, and the accounts, and my god, whatever else comes along with it!

    You're one incredible lady, E, and I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass.

    I'm sure that the getting started is the hardest part. Heh, "If you build it, they will come."

    Sorry, too damn early for stupid movie quotes. :)

    And don't worry about touching any raw nerves here. Sometimes the raw nerves are the only way that you know you're still alive and kicking, ya know?

    ReplyDelete