Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's whiney-ness

Happy New Year all!!!

Yeah, we bought rum and coke, but somehow, I just don't feel like drinking anything. It isn't even that I can't because of feeding Nova because I've got enough in the fridge and freezer to feed him for two weeks easily. I could afford a couple of pump-n-dumps to keep Nova sober. It's just a weird thing that happens with me - I want to drink for weeks at a time (months in this case, I craved rum for the last 3 or 4 months of my pregnancy) and once I actually get the alcohol, I suddenly lose the urge to drink. Guess I'm getting too old for the partying. Seriously. I mean, just a few years ago, like 3 1/2 or 4, I was perfectly fine to work a 14 hour shift, go out to the club, stay up all night drinking, and go back to work the next day with no sleep, and work another 14 hour shift - and not really feel it. But then, I've said it before - the last few years have not treated me well. I'm just getting old, and that's all there is to it.

I'll probably have one spiked eggnog, or maybe one rum -n- coke, just to toast in the new year - but I don't think I'm really in the spirit (for the spirits) To be honest, I'm just in the spirit for sleep. You see, I don't sleep when I'm pregnant, I call it gestational insomnia. Mostly it's just because I have Restless Leg Syndrome that only shows up when I'm pregnant, and keeps me awake for days at a time, literally. Normally, it works to prepare me for the sleepless nights a new mother goes through, but this time, I had 2 weeks of post-pregnancy, non-RLS nights, and apparently, I got spoiled by all that sleep I was able to get. Sucks for me, but you'd think I'd have readjusted in the last 2 weeks eh?

Nope. And if I had any money, I'd pay every damn penny of it to sleep 8 hours straight - even though I actually can't sleep more than 3 hours at a time, lest I screw up the whole moo-machine regimen.

OK, yeah, in case you didn't notice, I'm tired, I'm in a crappy mood, and I'm presently feeling selfish, sorry for myself, and terribly whiney. (Somebody needs a nap. . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment