Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Pure Tee Google Goodness

I've done this once before, but I'm going to do it again -

In the past, people I know have lost blog posts and entire blogs, which sparked me to think of a way to back up all of my posts. But see I'm lazy and I don't want to have volumes of .doc files on my pc, or 1000 little discs full of bloggy stuff either, so I came up with the idea of a Gmail account solely to use for blogger back-up.

Now, every time I hit "post" a copy of the post is sent directly to said gmail account, and I never have to worry about it, thanks to the ingenuity of the blogger folks who thought up the idea of having the email option, and the massive storage capacity of gmail accounts. They're even automatically listed in chronological order, which would be super simple when it came to having to repost, should I ever lose my blog.

Here's the thing, once you have a gmail account for a certain length of time, it gives you 50 100 invitations, so you can let other folks in on the pure-tee-google-goodness of gmail and its all but unlimited storage space. Well, I just got mine, so if anyone wants a google email account, drop me a reply here and I'll send you one. Between Scott and I we have nearly 150 invites that we have no use for, seriously - you're welcome to one!



Tagged: , , ,

6 comments:

  1. E- I would love for you to send me one... I need a more "grownup" sounding email address for business and stuff anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo, I can be a big kid now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:02 PM

    What a great idea. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so stupid! I have a gmail account that I use only for correspondence with a few special people (e.g., my mother). Yet, I have Blogger send my posts to the public aol account. I am going to swith it over right now!

    I tried to preserve my blog by copying the entire content onto a hidden Frogger blog. That did not work out very well, so I abandoned the project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still clueless about gmail, but I would love to have one if there are any left.

    Love your blog, by the way. You are a very talented writer.

    ReplyDelete