Monday, July 24, 2006

Rich

Scott's online life and mine never intersect. He races and blows things up, I write poetry and babble. Venus and Mars you know. And his friends have never shown any interest in me or mine, and I never expected them to. Doesn't seem like NASCAR fans or Battlefield 2 players would have a lot of interest in poetry or the gripings of a lunatic poet/mother anyway eh?

But when Scott told his friends about Nova, he referred them here if they wanted the details. One of them did, and left comments and emailed me a time or two. He's a really sweet guy who surfs at work (it's ok, he owns the place!) And I've learned to recognize his IP in my stats. Sorry, I always smile when I know he's been here, for no reason other than the fact that it says to me that the guy thinks enough of Scott to come here and read about how things are going for Scott and I since Nova's death.

Call me cheesy, I don't care, but I think that makes him a damn good guy, which is why we intend to meet him in September on our way through to Troy.

Well, this friend of Scott's lost his mother last week. From what I gather, it wasn't an unexpected loss, but I don't think you can ever really prepare yourself to lose someone, especially a parent. So, I've been thinking a lot about Rich the last several days, hoping he's OK, and wishing I could do something for him. I'm too familiar with the process of grief to believe that there's anything in the world I could do for him that would really help any, but I can wish, you know? I mean, your mom is your mom. She's always been there. My mom and I don't always agree on things, but I cannot imagine the hole it would leave to lose her.

So he hasn't been around for a few days, Scott and the guys haven't seen him, and I haven't seen him in my stats either. So I worry about him. It's what I do, one thing I'm good at, worrying. I hope he's ok. I hope he finds some peace, a measure of comfort. I hope that he knows Scott and I are thinking of him and sending warm wishes his way while he's going through all this.

Hope you're well Rich - sending a big southern hug your way.

4 comments:

  1. oh dear...my thoughts and prayers go out to him

    ReplyDelete
  2. my condolences as well. Losing anyone is devastating, but to lose a parent has to be one of the hardest things in the world.

    Thoughts and prayers for Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:37 AM

    Hi Scott and Erin,

    No worries for me, God has me in his hands.

    First, thank you for the flowers. I have a tropical rain forest in my house, but receiving flowers from North Carolina was something special. I don’t know what to say except thank you for being such a caring person, even towards someone you barely know. I now have a new standard to strive toward.

    One thing my mothers passing showed me is the unbelievable support and love I have in family, co-workers, and friends. They sent flowers and cards, and so many showed up at the service. I really felt everyone’s concern and support, and it helped me through this difficult time. I can’t find the words to describe how all this overflowing support lifted me up. I am not a writer, but if I sat here and typed for hours, I still would not be able to put it in words.

    Thanks again Erin, Scott, westcostmama, and Angela (which by the way Angela, I like your hair. If you saw me, you would know why.)

    Your caring hearts should be a benchmark for everyone,
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Rich, Scott's been lying about you being bald!? Yeah, I'll kick his ass for that... are you even a midget like he said?

    On a serious-er note, There's no need to thank us for them, but you're more than welcome for the flowers, I just wish we could have done something more.

    And yeah Ang and Mary here are pretty awesome eh?

    ReplyDelete