Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Got Inspiration?

It seems so amazing to say, “Happy 2nd Anniversary!” to DarynKagan.com.

Yep, it was two years ago today, 6 weeks after leaving CNN, that I launched what I envisioned to be the web’s one-stop destination for inspiring news.

It’s been a wonderful two-year ride. I tell folks all the time that I feel like I won the media lottery with a job that has me meet and interview inspiring people every single day, then share their stories with the world.

While that’s been great, something these last few months was telling me it’s time to expand to something more.

I am so happy to say that I believe I have found it. It is my gift to you, the thousands of visitors who click into this website from over 100 countries around the world.

DarynKagan.com is no longer just about my creating content for you. No, I’m breaking down the walls and inviting all of you in.

As of today, DarynKagan.com becomes a social media destination and community, as well!

What’s that? Do you feel like you just opened a gift from you Aunt Mary and you have no idea what she just gave you?

Basically, you now have a place to create your own content. Join our community and comment on stories, post your own blog, photos and videos.

Does a certain DarynKagan.com story move your heart? Do you want the world to know about your own personal hero? Did you capture a photo of your child or pet that would make the world go, “Ahhhh!”? Want to review inspiring movies and books? Well, then let’s get started!

Our online community is waiting for you. This is also going to be a place for you to meet and connect with people all over the world who love experiencing inspiration and “Showing The World What’s Possible!”

As with every new site, there's an adjustment period as we all get used to the fun new stuff, so we've left you some cheat sheets - if you need some help getting started, just look on the right hand side of the screen. You’ll find tips for getting started. Please also take a look at our Code of Conduct, as we want
to keep this a place where everyone likes to come and hang out. And if you need any one-on-one help, send Erin a message, she'll be there to help you personally!

Oh, yeah…this is all totally free. My gift to you.

So, please sign up and tell your friends and family to come along, as well. I picture thousands of inspired-minded folks gathering each day under one tent.

And finally, whether you join our new DarynKagan.com online community
or not, let me just say, “Thank you!” for what has been an amazing
two years. I look forward to bringing you inspiring stories for a
long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment