Sunday, July 17, 2005

Good (very good) Morning!

Erin Monahan is not a morning person. Erin Monahan wakes up 99 mornings out of a hundred with anything but a song in her heart. She greets the world with one eye open, and that only halfway, and quite frankly, only out of the necessity of seeing which walls to bounce off of as she stumbles to the coffee pot.

But some mornings are different, because some mornings are just good mornings. You know, the ones when you wake up to someone smiling down at you, or the days when the first thing someone says to you just makes you smile.

This morning I woke to some wonderful email from Martin Locock (a well published author in the world of architecture and such, have a look at his [google results!]) , who recently ordered a copy of Poetic Acceptance. He, like Vickie [link], wrote a review based on his reaction to the collection. It's well thought out, and c'mon, it made me smile before my first cup of coffee! Please have a look at the review [link] on Martin's site [A Few Words]


Thank you Martin, for taking the time to write this review, I'll add it to my site with Vickie's. But thank you most of all for the support - for ordering the book at all, and enjoying it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a super review. It's exaclty what I would have said, if I had the ability to say it so perfectly. ;)

    Seriously, I'm so happy for you, Erin. It sounds like you're well on your way to being "discovered."

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Ang, now if I can fight my genetic turtle instincts and resist the urge to hide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Maybe I should eventually re-visit the one I wrote. My biggest concern at the time was keeping it middle of the road. Good Morning, E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Erin! Martin really did right by you and your work and I knew it was just a matter of time... High praise, efficient and descriptive language, and the means with which to express himself lucidly and cogently and you have a review, that I would, if I had received one like that, put into a frame and up on my wall. I'm without words and excited for you!!!

    If there were a way to revs one's motor and keep one going, I'd say Martin's review has done just that for you - because I know how I would feel after having received a review like that. :-) Angela's right - if I had the means and time and the eloquence... I might formulate thoughts such as his as to how I see your work. So precise and right on the money! You go girl! Enjoy your day, (what a present!) and please keep writing! ~ML

    ReplyDelete