Saturday, December 9, 2006

Random

Random

Allergic reactions, feeding issues, Winter sickness worries, developmental delays, new firsts possible only due to surgical repairs of the circulatory system... I don't have the luxury of these things.

Why does that feel so fresh today?

Today is CJ's birthday. CJ is my best friend's son. He died of SIDS nearly 17 years ago... he would be 17 today. The same age as my oldest son Tommy. Trish is dealing with a lot of 'stuff' in life right now and I know today is hard on her. You'd think that having lost 2 children that I'd know how to help her, or at least know what to say. I don't. But then, there isn't anything I can say that will help. So I'm keeping her in my thoughts, and holding her close to my heart as I always do.

I'm sick as a dog today, some nasty chest/cough thing that Terra is just recovering from. I hesitate to take a lot of medications because they depress the body's natural immunity defenses - but I'm pretty sure if I close my eyes long enough, I could just die peacefully. Obviously, this keeps me from the ceremony I was supposed to attend today, and it keeps me from stopping in CVRU to get my cake plate too. Grrrr.

It's cold here. Cold like 20 degrees when we woke up. It hasn't even reached freezing yet. 31 degrees. That and the sickness has really curtailed the smoking. You should see me though, when I get brave, I put my housecoat on over my clothes, wrap up in a comforter (no, not a blanket, a quilted comforter) and head for a patch of sun. Yes, I AM redneck/white trash enough to wander around my yard like that. Well, I was for the 1 cigarette I've smoked so far today.

So Scott's at work, Ma is out shopping. Housework isn't getting done (but apparently blogging is) the kids are taking care of each other, and I'm going back to the couch. Happy Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. it's like that here too. cold. everthing. I'm not sick today. hate to see that you are though.

    I walk outside in some strange atire sometimes too.

    I had something I wanted to say. Now it's lost in random thought. hey. that's the title of this post. isn't it. yeah. it is. oh yeah. Now I remember what it was.

    I LOVE YOU!

    hope you kick the sickness.



    Me. I'm down with the sickness.

    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! I love that you are no fashion-icon too!

    ReplyDelete