Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ka turns, and the world moves on.

Ka turns, and the world moves on. If we're lucky, we move on with it.
~Stephen King
Today is the last day of 2006. The last bit of the year in which Nova lived and died... and the world moves on.

I keep having to remind myself that that's what happens, just the natural progression, and that I'm not so damned important that the world should stop for me.

You'd think that the 269 sunrises since then would have convinced me.

Maybe 2007 will find me less stubborn, hard headed and egotistical.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:26 PM

    I hope that 2007 finds you being the you that we know and love. The you that we laugh with and cry with. I hope the only difference is that the new year brings with it peace and comfort and a heart that doesn't break every single day.

    love you babe,
    magdala~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't forgotten. And I don't think I ever will. Just so you know. And I don't doubt that every time you think of him grief will be present, right along side happiness.

    You will never be the Erin you were before. But you will be and have become the Erin you are now, tomorrow . . . And that's the Erin ~I~ know and love.

    I loved the "old" Erin.

    And now. I love the "new."

    ReplyDelete