Wednesday, December 27, 2006

God, just stomp on me, will ya!?

God, just stomp on me, will ya!?

I'm totally phobic when it comes to spiders - those hairy legs and pinching mandibles and multi-faceted eyes just freak me out. They send my creepy crawly meter into overload, but tonight, and every other night for the last 3 or so, I sort of feel like a spider.

Ever sprayed one with Aquanet hairspray and watched it die? Ever played audience to that last breath, as it lay on its back, legs pointing skyward and twitching?

Yeah, that's me lately. I have RLS. I've spent plenty of nights wide awake while my legs had little parties of their own. It used to be that they only acted up when I was pregnant, but since I've gotten my tubes tied, the RLS fits are a monthly occurance. As if cramps and bloating aren't enough.

Needless to say, there isn't a lot of sleeping going on when you're pacing the floor or constantly wiggling your feet in an effort to control the creepy crawly sensation in your legs and the random spasms and kicking. Out of respect for the fact that Scott works 10 hours a day 6 days a week, I stay on the couch rather than keep him up all night too.

It's worse when I'm feeling stressed out. Christmas stresses me out. My legs have been twitching uncontrollably pretty much constantly, since 5pm Christmas Eve. It drives me insane, I can't sit still, I can't sleep. I'm sick of sitting up all night, alone on the couch - I just want to go to sleep. That should say a lot coming from an insomniac...

4 comments:

  1. Restless Leg Syndrome is a bitch. I know this all too well. But with my meds, the legs jump around and twitch for ten,fifteen, twenty minutes then I'm knocked out.

    Sorry RLS is such a bitch to you.

    Have a good day, my friend. The love is streaming over the airwaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, E. And I wish you and your family a prosperous and happy 2007. Also I hope your Christmas was filled with twinkling lights, delicious food, kindred spirits and happy times.

    *HUGS!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might sound crazy, but you probably think that about all my comments so...my suggestion is to go to the health food store and get a liquid multi mineral supplement and take it at night, before bed. It doesn't have to liquid, it can be tablets. Make sure it is all minerals and lots of them, not a multivitamin okay. Try it, see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stress has a way of making us so sick that we feel as if we are going to die, but it never quite does the job...just adds all kinds of hells to make you think you might.

    I know the feeling hon.

    Here's to a stress free 2007, or nearly anyway.

    xx, Lori

    ReplyDelete