Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dear Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,
Hello Anonymous, how are you? I hope that Christmas was good to you, and that your new year is filled with happiness and wealth.

I am writing about your name. I am curious, as I'm the curious type, always trying to learn something new, ya know? So I'm wondering if that's "the name yer mama gave ya." I'm thinkin not.

So I'm going out on a limb here, operating on the assumption that your name is really something else, something you don't want to share with us. I have to tell you, I'm big on "owning your words." I don't post anonymously anywhere. My blog, my myspace profile, all my online memberships where I interact with others? Yeah, all of them show my real name, usually my WHOLE name. I'm one of those people who believes that if you've got something to say then you should have the balls to say them out loud and to a person's face, and not hide behind some "anonymous" bullshit in order to be able to be an asshole without showing your face. It's an honesty thing.

Now I figure the excuse is going to be that you don't have a blogger/google account, and therefore can't sign in to leave a comment. I call BULLSHIT, everyone has a friggin' Google account, and if you don't, it's free, go get one. And if you have some reason for not creating an account that would allow you to sign in to leave comments, my god, you know your name right? So sign it at the end of your comment.

But I'm not as dumb as I look, or as some (other, manipulative, dishonest types) would have you believe. I'm confident that you have made the conscious choice not to put your face/name with your words. I figure you aren't proud of your behavior? I figure you wouldn't say those things to my face. I figure you know this makes you a coward, and moreso, it makes you a liar. I have no respect for a dishonest chicken shit who runs their mouth while hiding behind the anonymous safety of the internet.

I've tried for 2 weeks to figure out how to make my blog(s) not accept comments from anonymous commenters. I don't want liars around me, not even in my virtual space. Apparently, I can't just automatically preclude you from commenting here. So, I will be deleting any "anonymous" comments from this point forward.

Sincerely,
Erin Leigh Monahan

4 comments:

  1. wasn't me, I have an account :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:47 PM

    yeah right sure you do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I got some bullshit from some anonymous fucker quite a while back. I just deleted it.

    It's good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go into your settings, then -> comments.
    The 2nd row says "Who can comment?"
    You can choose:
    Anyone-includes anonymous
    Registered users-includes openID
    Only users with Google Accounts
    Only members of this blog

    And if you don't want to restrict who can comment you can moderate the comments (like on Myspace) and they won't get published until they're approved.

    ReplyDelete