Friday, October 6, 2006

sorry

I haven't been doing very well with my internet friends lately. It isn't that I don't love yas. I'm just, well, lost. Blogging has required too much effort, required energy I don't have.

I have been busy with doing things, dealing with kids, meetings, schools, playdates with Terra... Christmas shopping. God how I dread this holiday season. Spent time with the multimedia guy from The Charlotte Observer his morning - rerecording a reading I'd done with the reporter, a post from August - a post from a good day in August, when there were flowers and heat waves. Now it's all falling leaves, the garden is hibernating, and there's a cold wind.

I'm curled up in myself, trying to find the warmth. Not doing so well finding the sun during this grey Autumn week.

Anyway, sorry for not doing a lot of reading or commenting. Sorry for the lack of email replies and blog comments. I'm here. It's just that I'm here and not so much there.

6 comments:

  1. Big giant hugs, E. I know that this is going to be a hard time for you. Share what you want and when you feel like sharing it. You're certainly not obligated to visit with us on a daily basis, but we sure do love it when you do. :)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion it is we who should be supporting you, not the other way around. I understand the hibernation, even though I can't imaging the events which lead to it. As my mom would say, "Take time to call your soul your own." Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Take time to call your soul your own."

    That's it exactly.

    Love you both *hug*
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading you, your poetry, is an 'end' in itself, not a means to some other. ^_^ And sometimes, silence implies being overwhelmed, by empathy or by triggered memories. Hence, my silence, too, as a reader. Know that, always, I have the dearest of hopes for your welfare.

    Be blessed. Cheers. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in agreement with these obviouly very caring and loving human beings. yeah you guys. your excellent friends to a most special lady, Erin, and you two are quite special yourselves. I thought that needed to be said.

    Erin, my dear friend, please feel no sense of duty to me or anyone else. I am here, like we all are, to support you. and love YOU.

    To us, nothing else makes any sense.



    ~ James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Erin no need to appologize. I'm here if you need someone to talk t. Take the days as they come.

    ReplyDelete