Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July

So, OMG was in the local 4th of July parade yesterday :) MAN what fun! 1/4 of our total membership showed up to ride and walk along. Here's a few pics... our professional onsite photographer hasn't edited/posted hers yet - I can't WAIT to see them!



And here is Terra's July 4th get up LOL!


After the parade we headed home an undecorated the float and headed over to one of member's homes for a huge cookout. I tried to count how many showed up to it... even more than for the parade I think. It was huge. And more fun than I can even explain. (pics soon to come...)

They all (50+ people) decided to say Happy Birthday with water balloons LOL. I was drenched. Then came cake... actually 2 cakes... one with MY FACE on it... if you know my friends, you know what jokes that lead to ;)

We hung out till after 11 last night and came home EXHAUSTED. Terra was asleep in the van before we even pulled out. She's such a good kid. If only they stayed 4, it's the perfect age. Unfortunately, they turn 13, or 16, or even 17... and they make you wonder why becoming a nun seemed like such a bad idea back in the day...

It was an awesome day. It's only been since we opened OMG that I've really HAD friends... I mean, I had friends, but not like this... It's awesome to have this group, where all the families come together and hang out like family. I really think of a lot of these women as my family... Guess you'd have to know the dynamics of my fucked up (real) family to understand why that's so special to me.

Anyway. It's 1am, and I need to at least petend to get some sleep - I have a playdate to o to in the morning! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's so great to see you involved with so many great people. I've longed for something similar around here since J was born, and more now that he's older and NEEDS the social interaction. But more importantly, I'm glad to see you surrounded in people to love you as much as you love them.

    BTW, I didn't forget your birthday, I just forgot to tell you that I didn't forget. Happy Birthay E!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks Ang!

    Are there no mommies groups near you? If you can find the right one, it's a WONDERFUL thing!

    ReplyDelete