Wednesday, August 1, 2007

random stuff

I got a card from the nurses in CVRU yesterday evening. No, it isn't his birthday, or the anniverssary of his death, or anything at all. It was truly just because... just because they're awesome. It made me cry. In a good way :)

I pre-register for my GED tests in the morning. Just a month and 10 days before I can actually take the dang tests.

I'm still waiting for the lightbulb to come on over my head... you know, the one that says, "Ohhhhhh, THAT'S what I wanna be when I grow up!" I did put in an application last night with CMC-Union though. Sure, it'll be me sweeping floors on night shift, but you know what? It's a start. Well, it would be if they'd hire me without a GED, which they won't.

2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet that they still think about you, E. Of course, it's no secret how special Nova is. Not to mention how much you've done for heart babies!

    The CMC job isn't all that bad. Wil's dad works for the local hospital doing the same thing and makes decent money at it. It's certainly not a glamorous job, but it's something. I've never considered myself above any sort of occupation, really. Which probably explains why about 50% of my job includes excrement. :) You'll do great on the GED, and the growing up and "becoming" something will happen when it's time. (at least, that's what I tell myself)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your *glamorous* job, of course, is being a poet....and has already happened. The rest is just the cake under the frosting (which you have already tasted).

    Besides which you are also a darn good proser.

    ReplyDelete